Fit For Work 2020 Graduate Programme
Our Graduate Programme is a two-year structured clinical education programme providing ongoing education, mentoring and practical learning opportunities.
All graduates are allocated a senior clinician as a Supervisor who will be your mentor over the course of your programme. In the first year, formally structured supervision meetings will occur on a weekly basis and will be at a level appropriate to your experience and responsibilities.
- Comprehensive orientation programme
- Orientation to contracted services
- Observation/shadowing clinicians to learn their roles within the interdisciplinary team
- Tailored learning modules
- Individual mentoring with weekly supervision, coaching, KPIs and peer reviews
- Clinical involvement in a range of injury conditions and complexities
- Build your own case load
- Work collaboratively as part of the rehabilitation team and communicate with clients and their employers or families, medical practitioners and other health professionals involved in client care
- Individual mentoring with fortnightly supervision, coaching, KPIs and peer reviews
- Increased focus on development of assessment and rehabilitation skills
- Exposure to a range of contracts and broadening skill in areas of interest
- Further develop and reflect on skills and behaviours for safe professional and ethical practice
- Actively contribute to professional development eg. case study presentation
- Build up complexity of clinical caseload
- Continue to work collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team
- Commence postgraduate study
Alongside the structured programme we offer:
- Professional Association membership
- Specialist interest groups
- Monthly in-service education programme
- External professional development, courses and conferences
- Peer and new graduate support groups
- Buddy system for additional support
- Ongoing career opportunities within Fit For Work
Once you are settled into your role, we will support you to continue your education with a Postgraduate Certificate in Vocational Rehabilitation or other postgraduate opportunities appropriate to your position such as McKenzie or Mulligan courses.
To be eligible for the next intake of our Graduate Programme, you must be about to or have successfully completed your studies, hold professional registration and be committed to continuing education. We have clinics throughout the South Island with opportunities for new graduates.
How to Apply
If you’re ready to kickstart your career, please apply via the link below and your cover letter, CV and academic transcript. For more information, please contact Tracy Mannering at email@example.com