Welcome to Blenheim Physiotherapy – An ACC Accredited Provider Clinic.
Part of the Fit For Work network, we are a fully-integrated team of highly qualified, experienced physiotherapists, offering injury rehabilitation and prevention as well as Health and Safety services. The use of our onsite gym can help get your back to the fitness and strength level you enjoy, require for work, leisure or sport.
We provide treatment and management of sports, general and work-related injuries. Our physiotherapists assess, diagnose and provide treatment for your specific symptoms to help you get back to your activities as quickly and safely as possible.
We believe in an active and collaborative approach to rehabilitation. We are a multidisciplinary clinic and you do not need a GP referral to see us.
- Sports Physiotherapy - injury management, prevention, training programmes, muscle balance assessments
- Back and Neck Care - McKenzie and Mulligan techniques, combined with strength exercises to promote self-management and hands-on techniques in all stages of treatment
- Pre and Post Surgery Physiotherapy - regaining strength, movement, balance and stability after surgery
- Home and Rest Home Visits - for all injuries and conditions, training on safe resident handling and management
- Serious Injury Treatment - head injuries, multiple trauma injuries
- Paediatric Physiotherapy - all aspects of paediatric physiotherapy
- Lymphoedema Treatment - treatment in swelling of limbs
- Manual Therapy Techniques - acute thoracic and lumbar pain, specific joint mobilisation. This involves a high level of skill in the examination and assessment of musculoskeletal problems and the application of hands on mobilising and manipulative techniques to increase movements in the joints, ligaments and muscles.
- Dry Needling - the primary aim is to relieve muscle pain and cramping, but it may also help to improve flexibility.
- Respiratory Physiotherapy - breathing techniques, clearing the chest using postural drainage
- Health and Safety Services
Meet the Team
Regional Manager (Nelson/Marlborough) and Occupational Therapist
Lisa is an Occupational Therapist and Regional Manager for the Tasman and Marlborough Regions. Lisa holds a Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy from the University of Derby, United Kingdom and she is also holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences, rehabilitation through AUT. Lisa is passionate about continuing professional development. She has varied experience in hospital-based work as well as vocational rehabilitation. Her experience includes work in the following areas: Orthopaedics, A & E, care of the elderly, hand therapy, chronic pain, acute brain injury and brain injury rehabilitation. In her spare time, Lisa enjoys tramping and travelling.
Physiotherapist and Clinic Manager
Leonie van den Bergh
Leonie joins the Fit For Work team as the Clinic Manager of Blenheim Physiotherapy and brings 25+ years’ extensive industry experience.
Leonie specialises in sports Physiotherapy including Injury management/prevention, training programs and Muscle Balance assessments. She also has experience in Occupational Health including work related injuries, workplace assessments and return to work programmes.
Using mainly McKenzie or Mulligan techniques, combined with strength/propriocepsis exercises to promote self- management (and hands-on techniques), Leonie is experienced in back and neck care.
For pre and post-surgical Physiotherapy, Leonie helps her clients regain strength, movement, balance, stability and correct movement patterns. Leonie also completes home and rest-home visits for all injuries/conditions, including staff/family training on Safe Resident Handling and how to help with patient management. Leonie is also an ACC Activity Based Program provider which includes gym/pool/fitness programs to get patients back to work/rely less on home-help. This includes education about chronic pain and is a holistic approach. Leonie also carries out Lymphoedema Treatment of swelling in limbs after cancer or surgery.
For any manipulative therapy, including acute thoracic and lumbar pain, specific joint mobilisation (when active/passive exercise is not enough to restore full mobility) Leonie can help. She is also experienced in clinical Pilates which is specifically designed for people with injuries. Leonie also completes Respiratory Physiotherapy teaching on correct breathing technique and how to clear the chest using postural drainage/huffing.
When Leonie is not being an expert in all of the above she enjoys travelling, biking, running, swimming, playing basketball and gardening.
Lyndie trained at Queen Elizabeth School of Physiotherapy, Birmingham (UK). In 1982 she qualified as a member of Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (MCSP). Most of her professional career has been in Private Practice being an associate of, and working for three practices and two GP surgeries in Britain. In 2009 Lyndie joined Blenheim Physiotherapy after moving to Marlborough.
Lyndie mainly treats musculoskeletal conditions using a variety of techniques. She has completed extensive post-graduate training in Mulligan mobilizations: a technique where joints and soft tissue are moved and/or held in better positions, together with the patient actively moving the body part. This leads to altering the angle of track to a better, more pain free one and hence aiding healing.
Blenheim Physio Administrator
Susan joined our team in January 2016. Susan worked as an Administrator in the Audiology field for many years where she had contact with ACC, WP, Enable, ENT specialists based in Nelson and all of the local doctors.
In 2002 Susan returned to live in Blenheim after living in the Waikato for 20 years. She has 3 adult children and is very proud of their achievements.
In Susan’s spare time she enjoys a good book, gardening and travelling with her husband. Susan enjoys a good bottle of red wine and loves watching rugby and netball.