The information we collect
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We do not collect personally identifiable information about you when you visit this site, unless you choose to give it to us by completing an online form or registering for our newsletter. If you do choose to give us your personal details (such as your name, email address, telephone number etc) they will be able to be accessed by our staff for the purposes for which you supplied it and/or so that we can better understand you and your interest in our services.
While we do not collect personally identifiable information about you if you only visit our website, we do analyse non-identifiable web traffic data in order to help improve our website. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to any personally identifiable information that you may have provided. For more information about our analysis of non-identifiable information please refer to the Google Analytics section below.
Who we share this information with
We do not and will never disclose any personal information you provide to us to any outside parties without your permission, unless it is necessary for us to do so in order to carry out our service to you or otherwise as required by law.
Cookies are small files that a website can send to your computer which can be stored on your hard drive (persistent cookies) or in memory (session cookies). Cookies store information about your preferences on a particular website and can remain on your computer once you have exited from that website.
We use Google Analytics software to help measure traffic patterns to, from, and within our website. This service is used to anonymously aggregate website statistics such as number of page views, the number of visitors, time spent on our site, browser types, and common entry and exit points into and from the website.
All information is aggregated by Google Analytics and provided to us to help us better understand usage of our website – no individual visitors are identified. Google Analytics is a leader in the Internet industry and their systems have been adopted as an accepted website traffic measurement standard amongst major Internet sites. You can learn more about Google Analytics by visiting the following links.
Links to other websites
Newsletters and mailing lists
If you currently subscribe to our newsletter and you no longer wish to receive it, you may unsubscribe by contacting us using the contact details at the bottom of this page or by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our newsletter.
Accessing and updating your personal information
We are happy to provide you with access to any personal information that we hold about you. If it is incorrect, please ask us to correct it by contacting us at the details provided at the bottom of this page.
If at any time you would like to opt out of receiving any correspondence from us, or would like your personally identifiable information removed from our database, please contact us using the details at the bottom of this page and we will honour your request.
How to contact us
If you would like to know more about how we collect, record, store and use any personally identifiable information you provide to us, please feel welcome to get in touch using the details below.
Phone: 03 366 3451
Address: 10 Nazareth Avenue, Middleton, Christchurch
Privacy Statement for Employment Candidates
Fit For Work 2016 Ltd (trading as Fit For Work) is a national NZ owned company specialising in managing the health and wellbeing of workers (including illness and injuries), especially for larger companies.
The company to which you have applied for a position with has engaged Fit For Work’s services to undertake a medical or health check to ensure that there are no pre-existing health conditions that may impact on your health and safety in carrying out your proposed role or the health and safety of others you are working with.
Fit For Work may refer you to undergo Health Checks including: pre-employment health questionnaire; medical, nursing or functional assessment; blood testing; or drug and alcohol testing conducted by independent third-party medical, nursing or allied health providers or laboratories and/or Fit For Work’s employees and/or contracted providers. In making such referral:
- Fit For Work and the employer/prospective employer will not be responsible for the Health Checks and/or blood testing nor be liable for any consequences arising out of or caused by the services provided by the Service Providers, including but not limited to, the chain of custody procedures, diagnostic processes, accuracy and interpretation of results provided by the Medical Service Providers; and
- Fit For Work, and employer/prospective employer or the Medical Service Providers does not assume any responsibility to diagnose any medical condition you may have or treat you, or to undertake responsibility for ongoing care.
The Health Checks that you will undergo will allow the Medical Service Providers and Fit For Work to evaluate your state of health and provide a fitness for work recommendation within guidelines and parameters provided by your employer/ prospective employer.
Please note, Fit For Work does not decide whether you undergo any Health Checks and will only recommend on fitness based on your employer/prospective employer’s health parameters and guidelines for the role for which you have applied. Any employment-related decisions made based on the Health Check are the sole responsibility of your employer/ prospective employer without Fit For Work’s involvement. Although FFW will use all care in undertaking the Health report, FFW holds no responsibility towards you if you are affected by your employer/prospective employer’s decisions.
The information collected during the health check will be viewed and held securely by Fit For Work (Registered Head Office at 10 Nazareth Ave, Christchurch) in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993, its amendments and codes.
If you are unsuccessful in your employment application the information will be securely archived or deleted, in accordance with your instructions.
If you are successful in your application the information will be stored by Fit For Work in its cloud based password protected and encrypted patient management system.
This information may only be accessed by:
- Fit For Work employees and/or contracted and sub-contracted providers, who are directed by Fit For Work to manage and monitor your health while at work, for that sole purpose; and
- Fit For Work administrative staff, for the sole purpose of completing data entry; and
- Any other health providers contracted by your employer/prospective employer to manage or monitor your health while at work, for that sole purpose.
Please also take note that for ongoing health intervention once employed, you will be informed of your rights by:
- Being provided with the Code of Health and Disability Consumer Rights (the Code).
- A Consent Form being explained to you and signed off
Anonymised data may be used for the purposes of statistical reporting on the health of workers of your employer/prospective employer. In this situation, we would not disclose your identity.
You have the right to view personal health information collected and the right to request modification to this information if incorrect. A formal written process is required for requesting information and the documentation for this can be requested from the Occupational Health Service Coordinator at email@example.com
FFW may refuse to disclose personal information for a range of reasons, including that it would:
- Pose risks to New Zealand’s security and defence;
- Breach confidences with another government;
- Prevent detection of criminal offences or the right to a fair trial;
- Endanger the safety of an individual;
- Disclose a trade secret or unreasonably prejudice someone’s commercial position;
- Involve an unwarranted breach of another individual’s privacy;
- Breach confidence where the information has been gained solely for reasons to do with the individual’s employment, or to decide whether to insure the individual;
- Be contrary to the interests of an individual under the age of 16;
- Breach legal professional privilege;
- Reveal the confidential source of information provided to a Radio New Zealand or Television New Zealand journalist; or
- Constitute contempt of court or the House of Representatives.
Requests can also be refused, for example, if FFW does not hold the information or if the request if frivolous or vexatious.